I made this ornament for my brother's fiancée to include in a Secret Santa gift bundle that my wife gave her. The cross is cut from 1/4" black walnut. The dove is cut from 1/8" maple. Sanded to 600 grit and finished with one coat of hand rubbed semi-gloss poly and then buffed. Pattern by Sue Walker/Shadylady0447, which I shrunk down and added the ornament loop on the top. -12/2008
Yin Yang Intarsia Lesson
Thank you to Sue Walker and Fox Chapel Publication for crediting my original yin yang Intarsia pattern in the fall 2010 issue of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine! She started with my simple pattern and transformed it into a beautiful and wonderful coaster set project. You can find her article on page 22 of SSW&C's issue 40.
Feel free to download and try your hand at Intarsia with my original "Introduction to Intarsia: Lesson 1" instructional that inspired Sue -->here<--!
I made this ornament for my brother's fiancée to include in a Secret Santa gift bundle that my wife gave her. The cross is cut from 1/4" black walnut. The dove is cut from 1/8" maple. Sanded to 600 grit and finished with one coat of hand rubbed semi-gloss poly and then buffed. Pattern by Sue Walker/Shadylady0447, which I shrunk down and added the ornament loop on the top. -12/2008
About Me
- OregonWoodman
- I'm a happy little Oregonian who loves his wife, family, pets, the great outdoors, and living life to its fullest.
HOBBY CATEGORIES
- .............................................